Mental Health Condition
Mental health is defined by the World Health Organisation as a state of well-being in which the individual realises his or her own potential, can cope with the normal stresses of life, can work productively and fruitfully, and is able to make a contribution to her or his community.
1 in 4 of us are likely to be affected by problems relating to mental health at some point in our lives. Some conditions such as depression and anxiety are common, while others such as psychosis are less so.
Episodes of mental illness can affect psychological and physical function in a myriad of ways, impacting energy, motivation, sociability and confidence, as well as impairing work, life at home and relationships.
In a proportion of patients, the symptoms of their mental illness are severe and more intensive support or treatment is required. In these instances, outpatient treatment is insufficient and patients, unable to cope on their own even with the support of family, are admitted to psychiatric hospital.
Severe mental ill health can make you feel vulnerable, isolated and very low in self-confidence. The prospect of going into a psychiatric unit can add a sense of stigma, further fear and dread, at a time when you need your family and friends’ support and your personal belongings around you, without the restrictions and limitations of a hospital.
Furthermore, the therapy offered in hospital may not appeal to you, or you may feel that rehabilitation through personal, social and family activities is more suitable.
Whilst severe episodes of mental illness may require inpatient hospital treatment, Spring Consult offers a discreet alternative to patients who wish to be treated at home for reasons of privacy, comfort and security, or for convenience. If hospitalisation is necessary, our care and treatment can provide a pathway to accelerate the transition from hospital to home.
A nurse living in your home will:
- focus exclusively on your personalised care
- engage in an empathic and professional manner, whilst respecting with your personal space
- work closely with your consultant psychiatrist
- dispense your medication
- help to structure and pace your rehabilitation
- provide support for your loved ones
- help you attend clinical appointments with other clinicians involved in your care.
We treat and care for a range of mental health conditions including:
- Adult ADHD
- Anorexia and Bulimia Nervosa
- Anxiety Disorders
- Bipolar Affective Disorder
- Overeating & obesity
- Personality Disorder
- Post-Natal Depression
- Psychotic Disorders
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Full psychiatric and nursing assessment
- Supervision by Consultant Psychiatrist
- 24-hour live-in Specialist Nursing (RMN / RGN)
- GP liaison
- Referral to psychological and complementary therapies
Bespoke Home Package
As for ‘Home Treatment’ PLUS
- Bespoke package of assessments and care
- Neuroimaging, genetic testing, nutritional analysis
- Long term consultant psychiatric and nursing support
- Broad range of CBT, counselling, EMDR
- Nutritional treatment
- Referral to daycare programme